Donald Trump. Where do I start? I would like to start off by saying that I am the president of Young Democrats and therefore disagree with almost all of Donald Trump’s political views, but beyond politics I feel that electing Mr.Trump the president of the United States would be a huge mistake because of his personal views of minorities of women. Here are my problems with Donald Trump:
1.He believes that global warming is not real. To put more blame on countries such as China and Mexico, Trump stated that “the concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”
2. He doesn’t really have any actual plans. Have we ever heard what Trump is going to do in office other than build his wall? The answer is no. Trump has put the actual work on the back burner as he tours the country spreading hate.
3. He thinks he can build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. I’ll be the first to say our immigration system needs to be fixed, but building a wall? Really? Instead of wasting money on a wall that wouldn’t even fix the problem, we should be reinforcing the border control we already have, reforming the immigration system, and making it easier for people to get their citizenship.
4. He is extremely racist. Although I could take time to try to argue my point I am just going to quote Trump so you can see it for yourself: “The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day” and “The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
5. He is misogynistic. Trump has repeatedly called women fat, ugly, and alluded to women being lesser than men. He accused a female reporter of being on her period when she responded to one of his outbursts. He called a woman disgusting for breastfeeding her child. He refers to his wife as “a young and beautiful piece of ass.” He said of Carly Fiorina, a fellow republican candidate, “Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president. I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?” Trump as president would mean America turning their backs of the entire female population.
6. He makes fun of the mentally and physically disabled. On the campaign trail, Trump publicly mocked a disabled reporter and instead of apologizing or taking any blame whatsoever, he simply denied ever doing it even though it was caught on video. Instead of further addressing his actions when prompted again, he stated, “Everybody knows it’s true that Muslims were cheering…The Muslims worldwide were celebrating during 9/11. And all of the sudden I was mocking somebody?”
7. He doesn’t actually know how to manage money. One of the reasons that Trump is doing so well in the polls is because people believe he knows how to handle money, but he doesn’t. Trump’s total value as of right now is around $4 billion, but if he had just sat on his father’s money and let it grow, he would have around $8 billion. Yes. Once again, Trump has lied about how great he is as a businessman.
In conclusion, Donald Trump would be the worst president this country has ever seen because he has limited political ideas and personal biases. Instead, we should all vote for Hillary Clinton.