Ask Kelly

Dear Kelly,

I took a Harry Potter quiz online and got sorted into Hufflepuff instead of Gryffindor. It really upset me because I thought I would be a Gryffindor. What do I do?

Sincerely, Harriet Potter

Dear Harriet, First of all, Harry Potter is fictional, so it’s not that big of a deal. Second of all, there’s nothing wrong with being in Hufflepuff! They have great qualities, like loyalty, and don’t forget that Robert Pattinson was a Hufflepuff. Overall, it’s definitely not the worst house to be sorted into, so don’t freak out too much. Also, remember that Harry Potter is over, so maybe it’s time to move on and find something else. I would suggest the Hunger Games, the Vampire Diaries, or any other science fiction pop culture. I hope you can move on from this and live a successful life.

XOXO, Kelly

Dear Kelly,

My girlfriend wants me to take her out more, but I’m lacking in the dollar department. She says I need to treat her better or she’ll kick me to the curb. What are some ideas for cheap, fun dates that I can take her on?

Thanks, Broke Ben

Dear Ben, You’re not the only one out there who is strapped for cash. Most teenagers don’t have a lot of money, so there’s no need to  feel bad about not being able to take her on expensive dates. There are lots of fun things in Atlanta that you and your girlfriend can do that won’t break the bank, so don’t panic about losing her just yet . You could have a picnic in the park with food that you bring from home, making it both cheap and romantic. You could also take her to the dollar theater, which would save you money, because movie prices are outrageous these days! Also, this is the 21st century, so you don’t have to pay for everything. Sometimes when you two go out for dinner, you could split the check. That way, it’s less financially stressful on you.  If she’s not okay with your wallet size, then maybe you’re better off without her.

XOXO, Kelly

Dear Kelly, Recently, I’ve been talking to my friend’s sister who lives in Spain. How do I become a matador?

Sincerely, En Amor Alexander

Dear Alexander, It seems like you have a crush on your hands. You need to make sure that the girl feels the same way you do before you gush your feelings to her. Also, you need to consider your friend’s feelings and the Bro Code. We all know that article 19 of the Bro Code says, “Thou shalt not date another bro’s sister,” so take this into consideration before continuing down this tricky road. Don’t forget that long distance is extremely hard and rarely works out. If you think that you two can get past all of these obstacles, then go for it! As for becoming a matador, here’s a helpful link to get you started: www.ehow.com/how_2069594_become-matador.html. I wish you luck in all of your endeavors.

XOXO, Kelly

Dear Kelly, I have an advice column with my school paper. No one is sending in questions. What do I do?  Sincerely, Kylar

Dear Kylar, I understand your troubles, because I am not getting questions either. With the economy we are in, I assume people just don’t have the energy to ask advice column questions. Just hang in there and try to keep your head up!

XOXO, Lauren