Letter from the Editors – May 2024

Dear readers,

Although we’ve made it to the end of high school and summer is already here, we can’t help but reminisce on how fun the journey was to get here. From rebuilding the Bi-Line Instagram account this year to establishing a brand new section, this year has had dozens of incredible experiences that we’ve been so lucky to share with you all. We can’t believe it was just a few months ago that we were standing in Askew 303 (the best classroom in the whole school, in our opinion), discussing our goals for the year and trying to figure out the head-scratcher that is WordPress.

We are proud to say that we were able to publish six editions of the Bi-Line online this year, including the hilarious April Fools articles written by our very own section editors. Within those six editions were 76 articles, dozens of photos taken by our photography staff, and countless hours of work contributed by our entire team. Therefore, to our staff of 65, we thank you.

Another fantastic addition to the Bi-Line this year was the creation of the Science and Technology section. With it, we were able to cover an even wider range of topics, from TikTok bans to Fortnite to the ongoing AI debate in schools. We would like to thank our two section editors for the new section, Ayan Chaganthi and Andrew Su, for taking the leap of faith and pioneering the way!

It has been a pleasure to work with all 65 members of our staff, from columnists to editors to photographers. All of the work you’ve done this year has made the Bi-Line what it is today: a powerful online news source for those all across Westminster. We are so proud of you, and can’t wait to see all the impressive journalistic achievements you make in the future. Additionally, none of our work this year would have been possible without the help of our two faculty advisors, Dr. Combest and Ms. Darling. They have kept us on schedule, in check (AKA prevented us from any possible scandals – thanks guys!), and overall have made this newspaper such an important part of our lives. Thank you for working overtime to make this all possible. 

Now that we are officially “washed”, we would like to offer our readers one last piece of advice: please savor every moment. We know you’ve heard it a million times, but seriously – time really does fly by. So, as you’re sitting on the beach this summer or grinding through your college applications (sorry juniors), just remember to live in the now and enjoy the time you have because, in the blink of an eye, you’ll be “washed” too. 

As sentimental seniors, while we can’t wait to see what the future holds for the next chapters of our lives, Westminster and the Bi-Line will truly forever hold a special place in our hearts. Yet, we move forward in good faith knowing that next year’s head editors, Ayan Chaganthi and Phoebe Clayton, will do an incredible job! We are so excited to see what’s in store, and hope you all have a great summer!

Signing off as your head editors for the last time,

Alexandra Kent and James Rhee